Winchester Skeptics Guest Speaker Charter
Skeptics in the Pub depends upon the generosity of our guest speakers, who are paid expenses but not a fee. Their comfort, convenience and safety are therefore our priority while they are providing their time.
- All expenses will be settled before the guest speaker leaves the venue.
- As a minimum, expenses will include the guest speaker’s travel to and from the venue and their refreshments throughout the evening of the talk.
- By agreement in advance of the event, a meal and hotel or other overnight accommodation can be provided by the group.
- By agreement, travel costs, which may include train/bus tickets or taxi fares, can be provided in advance so that the guest speaker does not incur upfront costs.
- Groups will arrange the above items as far in advance of the talk as possible.
The Winchester Discovery Centre also has two dressing rooms for the comfort of our guest speakers. Additional requests and requirements can be arranged in advance by agreement.